Spike

Spikemomma

Established Member
Hello everyone it’s been a while since I’ve posted!! Today I’m worried cause Spike is hanging out at the bottom of his enclosure which is not normal for him. I worry cause he is 4 years old, he just had some bugs yesterday dusted without d 3 calcium. Out husbandry hasn’t been altered at all. Is he okay?? Could he just be getting close to his time ??😭 this breaks me heart to even think about but since he is getting older I know it’s something we will have to expect at some point. I am just so worried about my little guy. Lately he has also been going down lower in his enclosure and we have caught him eating the soil a few times, we have put large river rocks and leaves over the top of the showing soil since but he still goes near that plant like he wants more. Please help :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello everyone it’s been a while since I’ve posted!! Today I’m worried cause Spike is hanging out at the bottom of his enclosure which is not normal for him. I worry cause he is 4 years old, he just had some bugs yesterday dusted without d 3 calcium. Out husbandry hasn’t been altered at all. Is he okay?? Could he just be getting close to his time ??😭 this breaks me heart to even think about but since he is getting older I know it’s something we will have to expect at some point. I am just so worried about my little guy. Lately he has also been going down lower in his enclosure and we have caught him eating the soil a few times, we have put large river rocks and leaves over the top of the showing soil since but he still goes near that plant like he wants more. Please help :(
I going to be looking for an exotic vet around us but as it’s the weekend I’m not sure if they’re open. I’m in northern Colorado if anytime knows any good clinics near here 😭❤️‍🩹

Could be totally normal... How are his temps? They tend to retreat more if they are just too hot. Post a pic of the entire enclosure, review your temps, and post recent pics of him where we can actually see his body well.

@elizaann2 can post the vet list for you.

Could be totally normal... How are his temps? They tend to retreat more if they are just too hot. Post a pic of the entire enclosure, review your temps, and post recent pics of him where we can actually see his body well.

Thank you. He has since gone back up to his branches it just worries me so much when he’s acting out of the ordinary since he’s getting up there , I just want him to be happy and healthy!!

His temps near basking branch are about 80-85

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0867.jpeg
    IMG_0867.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 10
Thank you. He has since gone back up to his branches it just worries me so much when he’s acting out of the ordinary since he’s getting up there , I just want him to be happy and healthy!!

His temps near basking branch are about 80-85
So it is not out of the ordinary. Now if he were falling or stumbling, not able to grip properly, eye turrets sunk in, stopped eating, or a combo of any of these I would be concerned. Otherwise I would not. They often will explore their entire living space. Beman is 6 and still climbs down to the floor of his enclosure. Nothing is wrong he just likes to make his laps around the space he has.

Attached you will find our updated vet list :)

Attachments

• Chameleon Forums Vet List 2024 U.S.A..pdf
    157 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom