Straining to poop and string hanging out?

Tnest

He looks like he’s straining and I’m not sure why it’s hanging out like that.. please help

23645FE1-4DA1-4DDA-B48C-EAD9BFA70CE0.jpeg

Is it something to worry about? Will it go back in?
Hmmm…I wouldn’t worry. His hemipene isn’t sticking out swollen or anything.
But I tend to think it as equivalent as about what boys of age have “urge” to do their “thing”… 😅 :ROFLMAO:

It looks like a sperm plug to me as well. Sometimes they don’t expel with every bowel movement. They can get stuck if they are under hydrated. He could have just had an accumulation. Did he have a larger bowel movement today?

It looks like a sperm plug to me as well. Sometimes they don’t expel with every bowel movement. They can get stuck if they are under hydrated. He could have just had an accumulation. Did he have a larger bowel movement today?
I’m not sure if he pooped today. I’ll have to check. But I take him out every day for 30 minutes for some outside time. I gave him a bit of a smaller meal today. I’m hoping it’s just his sperm plug. Does it come out on its own?

I’m not sure if he pooped today. I’ll have to check. But I take him out every day for 30 minutes for some outside time. I gave him a bit of a smaller meal today. I’m hoping it’s just his sperm plug. Does it come out on its own?
Since it’s on the longer side you can gently wipe it off with qtip and see if it falls off.

Hmmm…I wouldn’t worry. His hemipene isn’t sticking out swollen or anything.
But I tend to think it as equivalent as about what boys of age have “urge” to do their “thing”… 😅 :ROFLMAO:
Haha ok I hope so! Should I just mist with warm water often today? It usually comes out on its own right?

Haha ok I hope so! Should I just mist with warm water often today? It usually comes out on its own right?
JanJan20 offered good advise. I have a male chameleon. But I just had my chameleon since Sunday. I haven dealt with these issues yet myself. :)

That's definitely a sperm plug, and unless you see red organ-looking "bits" coming out and staying out, he should be fine, likely going to wipe it off as he moves on a branch.

However, you should never spray your cham with warm water. Even lukewarm water to our own touch can feel scalding hot to them. Room-temperature is all you should be using to mist your enclosure. You have a lovely boy!

That's definitely a sperm plug, and unless you see red organ-looking "bits" coming out and staying out, he should be fine, likely going to wipe it off as he moves on a branch.

However, you should never spray your cham with warm water. Even lukewarm water to our own touch can feel scalding hot to them. Room-temperature is all you should be using to mist your enclosure. You have a lovely boy!
Thank you so much!! Okay I will definitely not be misting with the warm water, I appreciate you letting me know. He wiped it off so my mind is at ease LOL. And thank you I always hope he looks happy and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom