Strange Behaviour?

Yoshi13

We have noticed our little guy is extremely active in the morning and were just wondering if anyone else has noticed that their cham acts particularly excited like this at a certain time during the day?! Example pic included :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160310_080011.jpg
    IMG_20160310_080011.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 99
He is 9 months old and in a 24" x18" x34" enclosure.

Well at that age, there is no telling where you will find them in their enclosure every time you walk in the room. It could just be that he is stirring eagerly in the morning, romping about for food, water, heat, etc. It could also be that he is outgrowing his enclosure and that's his way of letting you know.

What are the temps in his enclosure, both ambient and basking?

All of my boys went through a period when they were little monkeys. They'll spend a good portion of the day upside down, or hanging by the tail. I guess they're just trying it all out, finding out what they can do. I think of this as their teenager time. And as I recall, they would get started late in the morning.

Well at that age, there is no telling where you will find them in their enclosure every time you walk in the room. It could just be that he is stirring eagerly in the morning, romping about for food, water, heat, etc. It could also be that he is outgrowing his enclosure and that's his way of letting you know.

What are the temps in his enclosure, both ambient and basking?

His ambient temp is 23-24 and basking is 90. Thanks for the feedback!

All of my boys went through a period when they were little monkeys. They'll spend a good portion of the day upside down, or hanging by the tail. I guess they're just trying it all out, finding out what they can do. I think of this as their teenager time. And as I recall, they would get started late in the morning.

Haha well he's up waiting to be fed every morning so probably just excited
I'm guessing that the first set of numbers were in Celsius and the "90" is Fahrenheit????

Hahaha!!! Yes we are Canadian. My mistake. We have multiple thermometers and they read in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. As if chams could get anymore confusing :p

Back
Top Bottom