Strange bump on the outside looks like a small infection

JGGib95

After a few sheds noticed a bump on the side of the mouth, didn't make much of it at first but seems to have gotten slightly bigger over the past month or two but not much. The tiny one on his mouth seems to break off revealing like puss or something? not sure its a little hard doesn't seem to hurt him

I've added an image for context, his diet is mainly doubia roaches and has no problem eating/drinking

Dusting schedule was calcium without d3 nearly every feeding, d3 once a month and multivitamin 1/2 times a month
lighting - ZooMed T5 HO 39W 10.0 UVB + Basking Bulb that i swap out from 40-75W

a869faa1-1c21-42f8-9518-50073f1b3c26.jpg.jpg
d082f632-8d55-404f-9ef1-771c9371c6af.jpg.jpg

Not getting an answer on the phone unfortunately so vet will have to wait for now :(
A little worried after googling Papilloma in chameleons, although most posts are from 8 years+

Hes 4 years old too, forgot to add
but yeah hes doing everything he normally does, just has that ugly growth on the side and front of his mouth, both seem to be a little bit different (the size one is quite hard)
doesnt have any trouble eating or catching with his tongue

Can you post a couple more photos of it please?
Sorry it's difficult to keep him interested and get the camera close and focused

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.44.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 5
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.19.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-15 at 10.48.07.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I’m having trouble using this lol but I created an account to tell you two things. 1. We have almost an identical lizard, like to a tee. I’ll have to post a pic with this if I can figure it out. 2. Additionally I’m on this page as Julien is currently sick. I actually just took him to the vet today because his left eye had been slightly shut and for stuff on his mouth/jawline. The thing on the front lip looks slightly different but the sides exactly the same. Was given an antibiotic(for eye and potential upper respiratory infection) and a diluted iodine solution to clean the mouth with. Was told some of it may be related to humidity not being high enough at night.

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I’m having trouble using this lol but I created an account to tell you two things. 1. We have almost an identical lizard, like to a tee. I’ll have to post a pic with this if I can figure it out. 2. Additionally I’m on this page as Julien is currently sick. I actually just took him to the vet today because his left eye had been slightly shut and for stuff on his mouth/jawline. The thing on the front lip looks slightly different but the sides exactly the same. Was given an antibiotic(for eye and potential upper respiratory infection) and a diluted iodine solution to clean the mouth with. Was told some of it may be related to humidity not being high enough at night.
We need you to post your own thread. Otherwise your details are going to get confused with the OP of this thread. Go here and click post thread. Fill it out and people will be able to help you https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/health-clinic.7/

Back
Top Bottom