Stuck Poop!?

Chaka

OK, so I've noticed my boy has been trying to poo for the past couple days and I'm pretty sure now that he must be constipated/ something is blocking his poop machine mechanism...

I don't really know how to describe it but something is clearly wrong. Here is a picture.

Should I try to yank it out or leave it be?:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 807
Has he eaten anything he shouldn't? Doubt it's a sperm plug, looks to thick to be one of them.

His back end seems to be protruding a lot for pooping.

It looks like an extremely large sperm plug. I would remove it.
The issue though, is that he has prolapsed. If the pinkish internal tissue has dryed out, that is a problem.
If its been like that for days, coat it in KY first, and then try and remove the obstruction.
After that, see if it goes back in, and if not, keep it coated in the KY.
This needs to be done immediately!
JMO

Yeah the pink tissue seems to have dried a bit and the sperm plug is getting kind of crusty ..

I don't have KY but i have petroleum jelly. Should i get a q-tip and wipe it around his junk, wait a bit, and then yank that nastiness out?

Can i maybe just dip him in a warm bath because pulling that thing out is scaring me .... :(

Yea, give him a long warm shower for a while if that makes you more comfortable. And it'll be easier coming out too, which will be more comfortable for him too. Don't yank it though, just pull slowly and gently. If it doesn't give, or you don't feel like you want to try, then take him into a vet so a professional can have a look at it. But it's weird, it does just look like a giant sperm plug!

Hi, Chaka,

Don't use the petroleum jelly. KY is readily available in drug stores. There is a possibility your mother or any older female in your home might have it in the medicine cabinet. If not, olive oil would be better than petroleum jelly.

Well this sperm plug can go all the way back into his body, along with his prolapse junk, because it was not there in the morning but when i came back from work it was sticking out again.....

So i gave him a 15 min shower. Towards the end of the shower i tried yanking the thing out but it appeared to be pulling his junk out too so i caved and left it alone for now..

Should i wait a day and try pulling it out again or cut it off or let it be or give him a bath?

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 506
OK i gave him a warm bath and have been putting ky jelly on the prolapse area. I gave a few twists and eventually got the sperm plug out!!

This thing looks absolutely disgusting....

So now i need to worry about the prolapse. Since the whole thing went back in this morning should i wait and see if it will go back in on its own?

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 399
That is freaking nasty looking! You might have a record sperm plug there...not sure the Guinness people will want to record it, but....it might we worth a shot.

If this were my chameleon, I would keep that tissue moist. You might try soaking it in a sugar water mix, that's supposed to help it retract. When it can't be in a water/sugar water bath, keep it covered with KY. See if it goes back on its own. If it hasn't gone back by Monday morning, make an appointment with the vet. That hemipenis might need to be amputated. That won't harm him and it won't even keep him from breeding (because he has another one!).

I suspect it will go in on its own if kept moist. I once had a sperm plug equal in size, and I pulled it out without issue. There was no prolapse though.

Anyways high five! :p

And by I, I mean my Chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom