super worm liquid

naich

take a adult worm and squeez it gently in your figers for 20 seconds...anyone feel like a watery substance come out...i know snakes do this as a defense like musking...but the liquid didnt smell...could it be toxic to like birds that attact...could it be cham unfriendly if it takes a lonf time to chew it???

any results or am i just crazy?lol

is that sacasim or is it realy a light acid...lol im gullable

sarcasm ;)

its just pee.... so I think... I dunno it could be a defense because they do it to me when I am feeding them off.... prolly the same stuff that comes out of them when they are a beetle.... they aren't called stink bugs for nothing.

dead superworms are the worst smelling thing in the world...just a random addition to this conversation about pee and poop! :D

Take a adult worm and squeeze it gently in your fingers for 20 seconds...anyone feel like a watery substance come out?...i know snakes do this as a defense like musking...but the liquid didnt smell...could it be toxic to like birds that attact...could it be cham unfriendly if it takes a long time to chew it???

:D C'mon, is this like one of those 'punk' the apprentice things, boss sends the new kid out to buy black & white paint? straight screws? left-handed screwdrivers?
Theres no way Im squeezing my supers Dude! :)
I use tweezers, I hate handling them, they're repulsive, besides I've read they can bite and draw blood. I have no idea, but Im not risking it, rather take a bite from my 7ft python.
They're just juicy bugs, their chitin helps them retain as much fluid as possible otherwise they dehydrate and die. Hydration is a big issue for small creatures, especially insects.
Its water from food/gutload, more they eat, more moisture.

Its not toxic to chams, Im reasonable sure its not toxic to birds or mammals either.
Why not give em the taste test ? :)

I handle all my supers directly and I've never had them bite, they don't even try! Some are pretty strong and with the claws on their legs it can feel like they're biting, but they're not. I don't even think they could draw blood if they bit: they're mandibles are big, but not that big.

Wow...that's scary!! I've felt their nasty legs grip me before, which can feel like biting...but nothing that severe! That makes me never want to touch them again! :)

I've heard several people say they've been bitten by supers, or the chameleon has, but I cant figure out how. I've picked up many a superworm, have even grabbed upwards of ten at a time, held inside my fist, and have never been bitten. That said, they can eat through a hard raw carrot, so they must be able to pinch soft human skin. Its just never happened to me, in over ten years of having them as a feeder.

BTW - they taste like a nut.

thats staight up bs! i have been bitten hundreds of times...it doesnt hurt...they cant get a grip of the finger cause its too fat and round...they cant draw blood or even brake the first layer of skin...they are harmless!

Well I still aint squeezin' no M***therf**g Supers, in my M***therf**g Fingers! :D

(supers on a plane?)

snakes-on-a-plane-20060622062440854.jpg

:D

I've heard several people say they've been bitten by supers, or the chameleon has, but I cant figure out how. I've picked up many a superworm, have even grabbed upwards of ten at a time, held inside my fist, and have never been bitten. That said, they can eat through a hard raw carrot, so they must be able to pinch soft human skin. Its just never happened to me, in over ten years of having them as a feeder.

BTW - they taste like a nut.

Put your nail in between their mandables, they start to gnaw away a bit. No way can it actually hurt though, you feel the legs crawling better than the little nips.

Back
Top Bottom