T5 HO Fixtures and bulbs

York1

I need some advice on T5 fixture and UV bulbs. Dont tell me lightyourreptiles as i all ready have 1 fixture dead at 9 months and several bulbs dead well before the 1 year mark. Also the warranty on them sucks.

Ive been looking at some of the fixtures used on aquariums. Anyone use fixtures like these? Can you recommend a certain brand etc... I need a 24" fixture preferably holding 4 lamps.

Is Zoomed my only option for the UV bulbs?

Zoomed Aquasun T5 HO 36" 39W (x2) work awesome!!. I have 8 of them. Never had one break! They make a 24" version with 2 and 4 bulb varieties. :)

Last edited:
I saw the Odyssea on a couple sites and was going to purchase one to test it out. Then I read ALL the reviews, not just the good ones. The, you get what you pay for theory, I guess. Some people had great experiences, but a lot had catastrophic failures. I still wish I could be convinced of them, for the price I could make insane use of about 10-15 of them, if not more. :) To each his own, I guess. :D

I have 2 of the same Odyssea fixtures, and love them. I think most of the problems people had were with their halogen setups.

I have 2 of the same Odyssea fixtures, and love them. I think most of the problems people had were with their halogen setups.

I agree, all of the failures I have read are with the metal halide fixtures. I have nos seen any concerning the T5's.

Back
Top Bottom