Tail discoloration: bruised, burned or something else?

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I really thought we were on the mend 😞, but I'm unfortunately back with another possible problem. When taking Nachito out to weigh her, I noticed that the end of her tail was very very pale, with a few black spots here and there. I have no idea what's wrong, I don't think she could have gotten it caught in anything?
What do you guys think?
IMG_8354.jpeg

More photos:
IMG_5656.jpeg
IMG_5653.jpeg

IMG_5658.jpeg

I will also note that I haven’t seen her a lot for the past few days except when she was asleep at night so I'm not sure of its functionality, and during the last two night she did not have her tail curled, only resting over some branches.

Last edited:
I’m absolutely clueless 🤔☹️ I’ve never seen such paleness with a veiled. Seen my Boehmei go that pale, but no other species.

On the other hand, looking back at the pictures again, I’ve seen Bella been dark on one side and pale on the other side. Unknown what’s the reason for it.

Oh sweet Nachito is just finding more ways to give you anxiety and worry. Wish I could tell you why her tail is pale, but I haven’t a clue. All I can do is share some of your worry for your little beauty. 💗

On the other hand, looking back at the pictures again, I’ve seen Bella been dark on one side and pale on the other side. Unknown what’s the reason for it.
Nachito had something like that when she had her blood drawn, but it’s been a few months since a vet visit

Here’s what it looked like back then and it’s been completely normal for the last few months until today
IMG_2122.jpeg

Oh sweet Nachito is just finding more ways to give you anxiety and worry. Wish I could tell you why her tail is pale, but I haven’t a clue. All I can do is share some of your worry for your little beauty. 💗
Thank you, I wish there was an answer for me right away but I guess I have more waiting to do on her Heath :(

I feel like we keep taking two steps forward then one step back. I was really hoping (and still am) her possible receptive state will push her follicles to calcify, but now with this cropping up I’m worried again and again…

Nachito had something like that when she had her blood drawn, but it’s been a few months since a vet visit

Here’s what it looked like back then and it’s been completely normal for the last few months until today
View attachment 357382

Thank you, I wish there was an answer for me right away but I guess I have more waiting to do on her Heath :(

I feel like we keep taking two steps forward then one step back. I was really hoping (and still am) her possible receptive state will push her follicles to calcify, but now with this cropping up I’m worried again and again…
Ughhh 🙁 I can only say just keep doing what you’re doing and she’ll probably keeps you on the edge for many, many years 🤗. Look where you were weeks, months ago and she keeps rocking and probably wii lay her first eggs soon as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I dunno how much help it'll be, but when Little Guy got sick, his whole back half went super pale. The vet said that's usually caused by a bloodflow issue. Something in Little Guy's guts was blocking bloodflow from hips back through his tail. I suspect it was tumors (he had cancer) in his guts somewhere that finally got big enough to cut off that circulation. Thankfully it's only the end of Nachito's tail so it's PROBABLY not as big an issue.

I have no idea what's going on with Nachito's tail, but that's a possibility that hasn't yet been brought up. Prayers you can figure it out!

Hey everyone! Good news (I think)! I believe it was a false alarm, so sorry for freaking out for a second there 😅

The tail discoloration has completely gone away and seems to be fully functioning today. My best guess for what was going on was some weird really pale shedding, I haven’t necessarily found any shed skin but there is a line on her tail where it looks like there was recently shed skin.

Thank you all for the support through my worrying endeavors with my girl :)

Back
Top Bottom