Tinley Park, Il. NARBC Show

whitesoxshawn

Will anyone from the forums be attending the Tinley NARBC shows this upcoming weekend? I'm looking to stock up on some Panther males.:D

Are you going to breed them? Im not going but I have heard about bad things of over breeding. At one store a chameleon was born with a deformed arm.

I will not be going, but good luck trying to find some good prices (I don't live in Il.)

If you're just looking for a pet, you can actually get to look at the chameleon in person which is a good thing. Look for any signs of sickness like dark dark skin, bent arms and legs, swollen joints, bubbles by the mouth, awkward stuck shedding skin, or wounds like missing tail pieces.

If you're looking to breed, I see this is your first post here, I suggest you do more research because breeding costs quite a bit of money and isn't much of a money-maker. People who breed simply care enough to continue our hobby to breed them. Usually baby chams take tons of effort to raise because of the huge amounts of small bugs they eat.

While I do agree with this you can't assume that since he's new to the forums, he's new to chameleons.

While I do agree with this you can't assume that since he's new to the forums, he's new to chameleons.

I agree with you. BUT a lot of people who are new to the forums

a) have little to no experience

b) got their info from a pet store OR facebook (both really bad info sources)

c) spend their time mostly on another reptile forum that gives misinformation on chameleons due to chameleons just being "another part of a collection"

etc.

Just giving some pointers! You never know, if they're new to the forums it's always better to assume they're getting a fresh start on chameleons if they didn't mention lurking :)

I like to give advice to the newbies, but once they make themselves known as experienced, then I guess I will stop giving the cut-paste caresheet and advice etc.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am new to the forums but not to chameleon breeding. I bred panthers, flapnecks and pygmy leaf back in the day from about 2005-2008 and then, as sometimes happens, life threw in some twists and turns. Now I'm back in with a lot more disposable income and knowledge to give it another go. I do and will in the future appreciate any info or advice I can get so please feel free. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom