Tongue Shot With Dog

giesle

Avid Member
Even before I got my first cham I imagined getting a tongue shot of him eating a mantis off of my dog, but getting it all to come together is quite difficult. The biggest problem is making the mantis stay put while on my dog. Also, getting my cham to eat off my dog while not on a branch isn't too easy, but I don't think impossible. Here's a couple shots from today. Obviously, not what I was going for to begin with, but it is what I was going for today. The bottom one, he was more interested on climbing on my dog than eating, so I made my dog sit back a little.

i-Jv2cKhS.jpg

i-8vXGmXn.jpg

Hard to take the hunt from a retriever, huh? My cocker watches them like they are nothing but food! :eek: You can see it in your dogs eyes as he's looking up at your cham.

Beautiful dog and chameleon.

My dog has always been very gentle with the chameleons but I don't have the glamorous shots like you do. ;)

Thats awesome i have a shorkie (shih tzu, yorkie mix) who would gladly take my chameleon as a tasty snack he could stash under my bed for later. But he might have trouble getting her because she is an extremely territorial female veiled. (She's pretty nice to me though depending on the day)

Thanks everyone.

Hard to take the hunt from a retriever, huh? My cocker watches them like they are nothing but food! :eek: You can see it in your dogs eyes as he's looking up at your cham.
Not at all. My dog is extremely obedient with a goal in life to make me happy and he knows it's a pet, so the thought would never cross his mind. His eyes just happen to be a little wide in this pic. They are almost shut in some others taken at the same time. I can tell you I was more nervous than him....those long toe nails were awfully close to his eyes.

Beautiful dog and chameleon.

My dog has always been very gentle with the chameleons but I don't have the glamorous shots like you do. ;)
I know you have a good dog around chameleons too and I have seen some very good shots of them together.

Haaah.. you are right. I was scrolling so fast back and forth between the two, I confused the pics. I saw the tongue shot with eye longing. How crazy? The mind sees what it wants to sees. My cocker is so jealous of the chams. He just whines and licks his chops. He got in behind me the other day when cleaning cages, and a younger female sent him packing. :eek: She didn't hiss or bite, just stood up, like they do. He said, 'gotta go'.:D

Back
Top Bottom