Tradescantia Pistachio White for Panther Chameleon enclosure

Is anyone familiar with Tradescantia Pistachio White and whether it would be suitable for a Panther Chameleon enclosure? I am looking to add some more plants and that this would look good alongside my pothos.

1718057644564.png

Hey there, how old is the Panther chameleon? If it is really young I would avoid all wandering jew plants. As they have very fine hairlike pieces that come out of the plant and there was a breeder that had babies die off with these in the cage. It was only his babies with this plant in the cage that passed away all others were perfectly fine. So if I am remembering correctly it was something about the tiny hairs and very young babies being the issue.

If an older panther then you should be perfectly fine. just note the vines on these are not as strong as a pothos and can give out under the weight of some chams.

Thank you very much, I do not have a Panther Chameleon yet, I am still in the planning stages. Do you think by the time I would receive one from a breeder it would be old enough or should I completely remove it to be safe?

Is anyone familiar with Tradescantia Pistachio White and whether it would be suitable for a Panther Chameleon enclosure? I am looking to add some more plants and that this would look good alongside my pothos.

View attachment 356121

I use Tradescantia for my small species (kinyongia boehmei). Be warned its borderline invasive in a vivarium lol - but easy to pull/remove. The vines are too fragile for a panther, IMO and wouldnt use it. If they climb on it its likely to break and they’ll fall. If you like the look - check out some of the pothos varieties like snow queen or njoy.

Honestly look at your varieties of pothos... Njoy, neon, marble queen, just to name a few... I have had all three of these. They all look different and the Njoy pothos produces smaller leaves. But not only have I never had to deal with pest bugs on pothos I have bought they hold up to virtually anything and the vines are very strong. They not only will help fill out a cage and waterfall as they grow but they are great for drinking surfaces. You can also very easily propagate them by taking cuttings.

^^^ This ^^^ I think I have 5 (maybe 6) different varieties of pothos and some look like a completely different plant. I just the other day picked up a pearls & jade pothos, which doesn’t even look like the standard pothos and I was surprised to see that it is one.

Back
Top Bottom