Traveling

flashjord101

I am driving from Los Angeles to Vancouver Canada (5 day trip) and staying on Vancouver for about a year. Does anyone have any tips for a safe, healthy, non stressful car trip for a 8 mth old Ambilobe Panther Chameleon?

thanks!

Before worrying about the trip, I would look into what permits you are going to need to bring it into Canada.

I bought a 2 week old panther a month ago and when I brought him home (bought him at a local shop) they put him in a deli cup with holes punched out (exactly like the ones they ship chams in) and put him in a brown paper bag so he couldn't be stressed visually.

There are a couple of threads on traveling with chams if you search with the keyword "traveling, travel, or moving. They are still pretty vague.

Sorry I couldn't help much! Its a tricky subject!

If you find something out I would like to know too because I will be moving from florida to LA this year. :D

Aside from making sure you have any permits needed.It might be better to leave him home(or with somebody experienced nearby) and then have that person ship the chameleon to you when you get settled. I think that would be the least stressful way to get him there.
Just a thought...
Thom O.

Back
Top Bottom