Turning dripper off at night

lysinlight87

Hi,

Is it acceptable to turn my chams dripper off at night? This morning I came down stairs to find an inch of water on the bottom of his cage! I can't install a drainage system cos it's glass. I can sort out a collection cup, but if it's ok to switch off the dripper, that'd make life easier!

as far as I know the dripper should not be run at night for the mere fact that they are not going to be drinking but also it creates a very damp environment with water sitting around like that.

What cage are you using? I have the exo terra glass vivariums with screen top and vents in front. The bottoms don't use tempered glass and i drilled wholes in both of mine for a drainage line going outside.

What cage are you using? I have the exo terra glass vivariums with screen top and vents in front. The bottoms don't use tempered glass and i drilled wholes in both of mine for a drainage line going outside.

Hi any pics, as I got same set up, am thinking of removing bottom glass and replacing it with mesh and raising it up to put a tray underneath

Yeah google drilling glass, and just drill a drain into it. They should make it predrilled and put a bulkhead cap into it in case people do not want to drain it.

Back
Top Bottom