Underweight?

Stone32

Just a question nothing serious.

Seeing the ribs on Atlas a bit, I'm guessing he is underweight because he didn't eat much before I got him. Now he eats around 15-20 crickets a day with 3-5 super worms and kale frequently. Is this enough? Or should I feed him more?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 164
Just a question nothing serious.

Seeing the ribs on Atlas a bit, I'm guessing he is underweight because he didn't eat much before I got him. Now he eats around 15-20 crickets a day with 3-5 super worms and kale frequently. Is this enough? Or should I feed him more?

He might be dehydrated.

We use a kitchen scale to weigh yoshi. Put a towel and tare it. Then he can climb on and your reading will be pretty accurate. You can probly find one for 30$ or less.

That sounds like plenty of food. You might put some more foliage in his enclosure it will make him feel more secure, and stress less. You can't beat real plants like a Pothos for helping to regulate your humidity, and the overall well being of your chameleon. Just my two cents good luck.

That sounds like plenty of food. You might put some more foliage in his enclosure it will make him feel more secure, and stress less. You can't beat real plants like a Pothos for helping to regulate your humidity, and the overall well being of your chameleon. Just my two cents good luck.

Any good places that sell pothos plants? I do need more foliage definetly.

I got mine fairly cheap at Lowes just wash it, and I would probably change the soil just to be safe. You might also think about a Schefflera arboricola (umbrella plant).

Back
Top Bottom