underweight?

Evo30k

Ive been feeding him 4-5 medium sized Dubai roaches a day but im not sure if im feeding him too much or too little to me he looks underweight also does he have sunken eyes

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi. He does look just a bit thin. How old is he? Has he ever been tested for parasites?
im still not really sure how old he is back in july someone told me hes around 7-8 months but i dont think thats right and no he hasnt been tested im still looking for a good exotic veterinarian

Are you in the US? We have a vet list. Although for just a simple visit to get a fecal done, pretty much any exotics vet can manage that. If you want the list, just ask. His eyes don’t look sunken and aside from being just a wee bit thin, he looks pretty good. I don’t know if this will help you any. You’re better able to look at all of the areas mentioned to determine body size, while I can only look at casque and cheeks.

Are you in the US? We have a vet list. Although for just a simple visit to get a fecal done, pretty much any exotics vet can manage that. If you want the list, just ask. His eyes don’t look sunken and aside from being just a wee bit thin, he looks pretty good. I don’t know if this will help you any. You’re better able to look at all of the areas mentioned to determine body size, while I can only look at casque and cheeks.

That actually helped me a lot thank you from the video he does look hes a bit skinny but nothing serious ima feed him a bit more and im in chicago and theres only 2 exotic vets by me im just scared that its gonna brake my wallet

That actually helped me a lot thank you from the video he does look hes a bit skinny but nothing serious ima feed him a bit more and im in chicago and theres only 2 exotic vets by me im just scared that its gonna brake my wallet
I still advise getting a fecal done, just to make sure. Exotics vet bills aren’t any more painful than regular vet bills. You can call and ask their prices too, as many are in very different ranges.

I seriously advice a fecal test to rule out a parasite issue. With that food intake he should be more muscular and his casque should be filled out a bit more to be considered a healthy size. Parasites can make it so they are not gaining the muscle/weight they need to be healthy. They can cause further complications as well as they mature depending on the type of parasite.

Back
Top Bottom