Urgent, Please Help!

Pascal45

Hey guys, i just got my baby veiled chameleon online from flchams.com
When he arrived, he didnt look so good when i opened the box, his eyes look sunken in and he wasn't moving hardly. I put him in his cage and gave him a good warm misting and i put in some small crickets for him but he just stayed in one spot. His eyes are sunken in and he opens his mouth allot. when he tries to move he puts his hands out and like grabs the air ( he looks like he is blind ). Can anyone give me some advice on what to do??

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled male chameleon and i have had him for 2 days
Handling - i haven't yet
Feeding - i am feeding my chameleon with small size crickets
Supplements - I dust my crickets with Reptivite with D3
Watering - i have the little dripper and i mist him for about 3-4 mins with luke warm water.
Fecal Description - When i got him i saw one of his dropping, which looked fine.
History - no history.

My lights- i have a Repti Glo 5.0 UVB, and a zoo med Repti Basking spot lamp
I don't know exactly how big my cage is but it is like a medium size
and he is shedding if that helps at all!!!!

here is a pic of him and it shows his eyes- http://tinypic.com/r/2qk0wt2/6

First call or email FL Chams and let them know the situation.

You could try another nice warm misting with very warm water.

Does your Cham have his eyes open? If you will please fill out the Ask For Help form and post a few pictures so that we can try to give you and your baby the best help possible from a forum.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

do you have a dripper? try misting him for a solid 3 minutes while you allow your dripper to flow freely in a light stream. Sometimes it can entice a chameleon to drink. My 2 year old veiled drinks almost every time when i do this.

First call or email FL Chams and let them know the situation.

You could try another nice warm misting with very warm water.

Does your Cham have his eyes open? If you will please fill out the Ask For Help form and post a few pictures so that we can try to give you and your baby the best help possible from a forum.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

i have tried calling FLChams but they wont pick up.
and it looks like he is squinting lol

If you can reach them by phone then email them.

Please fill out the form and give as much detail as possible. Exact brands everything. The more we know the better we might be able to help.

FLcham doesnt pick up the phone often. I would suggest emailing but last time I emailed their box was full. I ordered my veiled from them and he was completely fine. I would suggest doing what Jannb sid to do and fill out the form and keep trying to call

Do you have a good chameleon vet? If he's not showing any improvement in the morning I'd get him to the vets.

yes i do but its like $100 JUST to get him checked on, so i was asking yall if there was anything i could do before i go and spend all that money.

Hi! I'm so sorry your new baby is having trouble. He does look very sad.

When i got him i saw one of his dropping, which looked fine.

Can you describe it? I don't know how much you know about chameleons so don't know if you know what is, in fact, "fine" for a chameleon.

My suggestion is to mist, mist and then keep misting. I would mist at least a full gallon of water 2 or 3 times a day. Obviously you need the cage to be somewhere that can handle the water like outside or in the bathtub. If you don't have one, I recommend a garden sprayer like this:
AAAADNtEdykAAAAAACD9Zw.jpg

It will make the process much easier on you. They don't cost a lot. I think I paid $12 for mine.

You don't mention the temperatures. Make sure he's not too hot. Given what's been happening in the weather, I strongly suspect he's been subjected to some hideous temperatures. For now, I would say make the hottest part of his cage no more than 84 degrees (err on the side of cool....82 is better than 86).

when he tries to move he puts his hands out and like grabs the air ( he looks like he is blind )

They sort of do that anyway...I think it's because their eyes are built for aiming at things a foot away....I don't think they really see well close to them so they"feel" for the vines. That's especially true when they first move into an enclosure.

Last edited:
Hey guys, i just got my baby veiled chameleon online from flchams.com
When he arrived, he didnt look so good when i opened the box, his eyes look sunken in and he wasn't moving hardly. I put him in his cage and gave him a good warm misting and i put in some small crickets for him but he just stayed in one spot. His eyes are sunken in and he opens his mouth allot. when he tries to move he puts his hands out and like grabs the air ( he looks like he is blind ). Can anyone give me some advice on what to do??

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled male chameleon and i have had him for 2 days
Handling - i haven't yet
Feeding - i am feeding my chameleon with small size crickets
Supplements - I dust my crickets with Reptivite with D3
Watering - i have the little dripper and i mist him for about 3-4 mins with luke warm water.
Fecal Description - When i got him i saw one of his dropping, which looked fine.
History - no history.

My lights- i have a Repti Glo 5.0 UVB, and a zoo med Repti Basking spot lamp
I don't know exactly how big my cage is but it is like a medium size
and he is shedding if that helps at all!!!!

here is a pic of him and it shows his eyes- http://tinypic.com/r/2qk0wt2/6

welll the pawing for air isnt rare both my chams do it i wouldnt worry about that but, he may be sick

pics please it will help everyone

Back
Top Bottom