using v8juice(s) as a supplement, soaking carrots over here...

jackschamnewbie

well, it occurred to me today, why not give the little feeders a carrot.
So then i had another thought... What if I soaked that carrot with some v8 juice! So by golly i pulled out my double barreled pipette and got a sample of the freshly shaken v8 fruit fusion of absolutely delicious fruits and veggies!

I have no idea why but these little guys are tearing it up, maybe the higher sugar content and moisture. all natural sugar though, which i assume is a good thing to have crickets digesting simple sugars like sucrose and glucose. Their change in diet would help provide artificial variety using crickets as the trojan horse.

IS this a completely horrible idea? hmmm

hmmm what if I gave it to all the different feeders, maybe different bugs would digest different fruits and veggies into different proteins that chams would get in the wild... hmmmm what do the bugs eat in the wild that would then be likely consumed by a chameleon... and are all of those things already in v8 juice

I think carrots already have enough sugar content in them, and all fruits have natural sugar, so I don't see a need to add any!?

You can also steam the carrots to make them easier for the cricks to eat.

Save the V8 for your self to drink ;)

I sometimes use the v8 pomegranate blueberry to make my water crystal - not often, but at a treat to my bugs - Geese - lol look at us all - " treating" our bugs - lol a few years ago - life 2009 BC ( before chameleons :p ) I used to be NORMAL ! :eek: :p

Adding high amounts of sugar, along with salt/sodium, and very few other nutrients is probably not something I would do, especially as carrots already contain lots of carotene and vitamin c and sugars

Back
Top Bottom