UVB light Arcadia t5 vs zoo med t5

Does it really matter Arcadia or zoo med T5 bulb fixture ? Do they both perform the same ?
The better the fixture the longer it will last. I use a sunblaster and it's worked great for me for almost 3 years. But no, as long as the bulb is good it doesn't really matter.

The bulbs are of equal quality. I have both.

Most all of the fixtures come from the same mfr.
All made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM) and all are virtually identical.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
So shop for price.

The bulbs are of equal quality. I have both.

Most all of the fixtures come from the same mfr.
All made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM) and all are virtually identical.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
So shop for price.
So if I already have my first 2 cages set up with a Arcadia T5 Pro Kit & Jungle Dawn's should I just do the same with my 3rd new cage ? Lol

Does it really matter Arcadia or zoo med T5 bulb fixture ? Do they both perform the same ?
The only difference is the Arcadia lasts longer, up to a year and the zoo med you should change every 6 months unless you have a solar meter that tells you it’s still putting out the right amount of uvb.

T5ho usually 9 months or when solar meter indicates, Arcadia state 12 months for their t5 bulbs. T8 is 6 months in Arcadia also coil type i believe is 6 month's too but isn't recommended for species anyway.

Back
Top Bottom