uvb lights are some better than others

samuelLjacksons

i have a mini dome with a 5.o uvb. Im getting another chameleon so Im going to have to get another light. What better for him? He really digs this light
I could get another for the female. but I was think about getting an 18 inch trop whole deal. Whats your opinion on lights with jacksons?

please and thank you for your time. any tips you could throw at me would help.

I personally think the tube bulbs are better than the coils. If you have a little more mone, go with a t5 setup from lightyourreptiles.com, you won't regret it.

I'm new to Cham's, but have had beardies for 22+ years now.
And tube UV is always best.
The UV is not concentrated on just one area with a tube.
Oh and a reflector is a must. Without you are losing half the UVs strength by not directing it 'inwards'.
And as mentioned above. The T5 setups are the best on the market at this time. For me I use Arcadia T5's in all my rep Viv's. I can't praise them enough.

I agree. Tube bulb and I also recommend getting the T5 and not the T8. They are virtually the same price so why not get the better fixture if your going to buy a new light anyway.

I would hit up Todd at LightYourReptiles. He can set you up with a dual fixture HOT5 that has an Arcadia UVB bulb and a 6.5k daylight bulb. The light that setup produces is amazing and you will never buy anything else for your setups again.

I agree. Tube bulb and I also recommend getting the T5 and not the T8. They are virtually the same price so why not get the better fixture if your going to buy a new light anyway.

I would hit up Todd at LightYourReptiles. He can set you up with a dual fixture HOT5 that has an Arcadia UVB bulb and a 6.5k daylight bulb. The light that setup produces is amazing and you will never buy anything else for your setups again.

Ditto, I completely agree!

Back
Top Bottom