Veiled chameleons eyes closed

Hi guys, my veiled chameleon Ghost's eyes are shut the one looks crusty it started with one eye now its the second. I heard it might be a vitamin a deficiency :( I normally feed him mealworms but I started feeding crickets sometimes. And I started dusting the mealworms would gut loading work and how

Hi guys, my veiled chameleon Ghost's eyes are shut the one looks crusty it started with one eye now its the second. I heard it might be a vitamin a deficiency :( I normally feed him mealworms but I started feeding crickets sometimes. And I started dusting the mealworms would gut loading work and how

Hi, I'm not sure about his eyes as I am a new veiled mom and still learning things everyday but I do know that mealworms are unhealthy for your chameleon, you should only use them as a treat. He should be eating crickets, Dubia roaches and Phoenix worms as a daily feeding, mealworms, wax worms and super worms are used only as treats I've heard some people give them once or twice a week but I've also heard once a month. Maybe someone with more knowledge could help you with what he needs to be eatting and when. I personally give mine crickets 1 day, Dubia roaches 1 day, then Phoenix worms 1 day and super worms, waxworms and mealworms I give a 1 of each 1 day a week, I also sometimes give him collard greens and I dust everything he eats with calcium dust with no d3 except the greens as this is 1 of the most important things. The d3 you give twice a month.

I know this wasn't your question, sorry I couldn't answer your question, I hope someone can help you and I hope your guy is ok ;) adding a picture of his eyes will help someone help you more too.

What supplements have you been using specifically and how often for each? What do you feed/gutload your insects with? What specific UVB light are you using?

Are both eyes crusty? I had that issue with my female panther Cham and my vet gave us some eye drops to get rid of any infection that might be present in her eyes. If it started as one eye and now it's both, it could be a vitamin A deficiency. We just resolved a vitamin A problem with my juvenile male veiled Cham. If you're really worried about it, take it to a good herp vet and see what he/ she says.

Also, if you're feeding you're Cham mostly meal worms, i would change that. I've been told that meal worms should only be fed to your Cham every once in awhile, not as an every day meal. They're more of a treat. I mainly feed my chams crickets with meal worms every so often. :)

The calcium I am using is exo terra calcium and exo terra calcium + d3 I give him plain calcium about every feeding because a slacked on that for a couple months I gut load the mealworms with carrots and lettuce. the lighting I use is 13w ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Mini Compact Fluorescent Lamp and a 75w ReptiBasking Spot Lamp I am going to try getting crickets soon and I got my lighting from this

http://www.petsmart.com/reptile/hea...6-5195504/cat-36-catid-500011?_t=pfm=category

Are both eyes crusty? I had that issue with my female panther Cham and my vet gave us some eye drops to get rid of any infection that might be present in her eyes. If it started as one eye and now it's both, it could be a vitamin A deficiency. We just resolved a vitamin A problem with my juvenile male veiled Cham. If you're really worried about it, take it to a good herp vet and see what he/ she says.

Also, if you're feeding you're Cham mostly meal worms, i would change that. I've been told that meal worms should only be fed to your Cham every once in awhile, not as an every day meal. They're more of a treat. I mainly feed my chams crickets with meal worms every so often. :)

Back
Top Bottom