Veileds and fruit

Kushcham

Established Member
Are there any tips or links to threads that can be of help trying to introduce fruit to my veiled? As of now ive just shown it to her but she doesnt seem too pleased with me when I do so.

google Veiled fruits and vegetables. I looked around and found the ones people recommend along with a pretty good list of ones to stay away from. Shouldn't be too hard. If you poke around on the site you can find all kinds of good stuff on the topic. I'm sure somebody will give you some more specifics

I usually start them off by taking a thin wedge of apple and when they are chewing an insect put the end of it between the chameleon's teeth....or if it's annoyed slip the end of it between the chameleon's teeth. This let's them taste it. I then impaled wedges of apple on a branch in the cage so it can eat it when it wants to.

Don't give them too much fruit though.
You can offer them pear,apple, berries, melon, etc.

That's a good idea. I tried to trick Neelix into eating kale by putting it in a cup with his butterworms- I thought he might get a mouthful with a worm but he's too clever for that

The fruit won't usually stick to their tongues...so they have to pick it up with their mouths like other lizards do.

Back
Top Bottom