Velied Leaning Away From People After Vet Visit

Libri

Nort finally saw the vet on Friday. Thankfully they're able to treat his previous burns with antibiotics (topical and injection), and his new multivit (reptivite) is finally in! However, since he's been back from the vet, every time I enter the room, he leans his body away from where I'm standing. He's almost thrown himself off his sticks doing this.
Is it because he knows I'm going to put his topical on eventually during the day and doesn't want me to?
Is this a common behaviour?
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

This is defensive posturing. What he went through was traumatic. It will take him a bit of time to not relate seeing humans to the trauma and start relating it to good things like food. Be cautious with this for the simple fact that if you get him out and he is leaning away he could dead drop to the floor to get away from you.

That makes sense, he went through a LOT at the vet. Sadly, I still have to touch him a lot for his medications for the next few months. Though, he hasn't puffed, hissed, or closed his eyes when I've applied his topical. We'll see how he does with his injection this afternoon.
Poor little guy has been through so much...
I'm going to try to avoid taking him out of his enclosure for his medicine so that he is handled the least amount possible. (Of course, unless that isn't the right way to do it!)

That makes sense, he went through a LOT at the vet. Sadly, I still have to touch him a lot for his medications for the next few months. Though, he hasn't puffed, hissed, or closed his eyes when I've applied his topical. We'll see how he does with his injection this afternoon.
Poor little guy has been through so much...
I'm going to try to avoid taking him out of his enclosure for his medicine so that he is handled the least amount possible. (Of course, unless that isn't the right way to do it!)
Just try to reinforce with treats when you can. If he will hand feed that is.

Back
Top Bottom