Vet Necessary?

BakedGoodies

This is a continuation plus a few more questions relating to my original post (which can be found here).

My chameleon started having the "bulgy eye" about four days ago. Figured it was just him cleaning it after a shed a week or two ago, since I had noticed a piece of skin still on his eye that I didn't want to mess with. We've tried saline solution a couple times a day, plus warm misting and shower time, but it doesn't seem to help. He is keeping his eye closed more often now.

I was going to try Vitamin A and keep using saline, but my boyfriend keeps insisting we should go to the vet. He thinks that it is an infection, which is totally possible, or that the dead skin got into his eye. Sounds possible.

So I have a few questions:

1) Does this sound like an infection?

2) What's the average cost range for this type of issue? (I'm willing to pay, just kind of curious.)

3) What should I use to transport him? I don't have a "carry" case for him, since he's either being held or in the cage. (My boyfriend looked at me funny when I asked him this, so I explained my fear of cats and other such creatures. He got all freaked out.) Should I go pick up a little cat carrier from the store before I take him? Or just use something like a cardboard box with some stuff to climb inside? I mean, I could get one of those "critter" pal ones that are clear for cheap, but I don't know if even as a temporary cage that is okay.

Thanks in advance!

Looks and sounds like an infection to me, as it's getting worse I would say a vet is the best idea, but I have no idea how much it'll cost in Dollars......
A cardboard box, cat carrier, or plastic box will do fine for transport, as long as it's big enough, and any branches or stuff are very well secured.......

Back
Top Bottom