Wandering dude/jew plants

CryptKeeper

Are all the different types of the tradescantia wandering dude plants ok for an adult (1yr) panther chameleon enclosure? I see so many different types of the same plant but don’t see info on all of them about being in Cham enclosures

I haven't seen anything about tradescantia being a problem with adults, but I did see this video from Chameleon Academy about the all-purple variety with babies. I'll play it safe and just not use it period.

I assume it is just with babies? I am not familiar with this nor have I have not seen that video, but I believe the same plant is on the safe list on the CA website. I’ve also used it with no issues with various chameleons.

I haven't seen anything about tradescantia being a problem with adults, but I did see this video from Chameleon Academy about the all-purple variety with babies. I'll play it safe and just not use it period.

Yeah I read this about babies. I didn’t watch the video yet it’s if they eat them right? Bc my guy is such a picky eater he doesn’t even attempt eating plants he barely eats bugs lol

Yeah I read this about babies. I didn’t watch the video yet it’s if they eat them right? Bc my guy is such a picky eater he doesn’t even attempt eating plants he barely eats bugs lol
Ah ok yeah it’s that one purple one I’ll stay away for sure but I would assume the other species of the plant is ok since he didn’t mention them.

I assume it is just with babies? I am not familiar with this nor have I have not seen that video, but I believe the same plant is on the safe list on the CA website. I’ve also used it with no issues with various chameleons.
Yeah the video says it’s with babies that others have used it with adults and it was fine but they’re not sure why it kills babies and assume the adults can bear it or don’t crawl on the leaves since it won’t support them. I wouldn’t risk it though after watching that. There’s plenty other colorful species of that plant you can use imo that are even prettier

Yeah the video says it’s with babies that others have used it with adults and it was fine but they’re not sure why it kills babies and assume the adults can bear it or don’t crawl on the leaves since it won’t support them. I wouldn’t risk it though after watching that. There’s plenty other colorful species of that plant you can use imo that are even prettier
Exactly. I decided that it was enough for me to not use that variety at all. I've had it as a houseplant in the past and the hairs were annoying.

Back
Top Bottom