Week of moving home, temporary enclosure?

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I learned recently that during my fall and spring breaks, I have to go home for a week and can’t stay in the dorms. So I’m not really sure what to do with Nachito during that time. I few like a week is to short of a period to take down her entire enclosure and transport it home only to bring it back up again in a week.

Any advice on what I should do? Would it be ok if I make a temporary smaller enclosure for her and have her stay in that for a week and just bring her lights with me 🤔

Besides that she’s doing great! No eggs but she doing fine… always betraying my expectations with those eggies. She loves her food and she’s recently shed!😄

Or leave her there and the amount of feeders you would normally feed, her free range in her enclosure (maybe some extra). The rest needs to be automated. That would be less stressful, maybe a WiFi cam to check on her 🤗

Or leave her there and the amount of feeders you would normally feed, her free range in her enclosure (maybe some extra). The rest needs to be automated. That would be less stressful, maybe a WiFi cam to check on her 🤗
She would be ok for a week? If I free range some silkies and roaches? I know this is not for a few months, but I like to plan ahead lol. I also may be going out of state during fall break to go on a trip with my ornithology club, so she would either be alone at the dorms or with my parents at home. Feeding would be the only thing I'm concerned about, she has an automated mister and thermostat.

She would be ok for a week? If I free range some silkies and roaches? I know this is not for a few months, but I like to plan ahead lol. I also may be going out of state during fall break to go on a trip with my ornithology club, so she would either be alone at the dorms or with my parents at home. Feeding would be the only thing I'm concerned about, she has an automated mister and thermostat.
For one week, yes you should be good. Have done it myself already once.

How long is the drive? Also, the temp one you setup you can just leave there to use next time. That way you only have to take the lights and a hand mister and calcium. Check offer up too. You may be able to get a smaller used cage for cheap. For your Bird Club outing, if you have a friend there that can look in on him keep it all automated with a camera set up and a carrier in case it’s a vet emergency. That might work.

Hey everyone! I learned recently that during my fall and spring breaks, I have to go home for a week and can’t stay in the dorms. So I’m not really sure what to do with Nachito during that time. I few like a week is to short of a period to take down her entire enclosure and transport it home only to bring it back up again in a week.

Any advice on what I should do? Would it be ok if I make a temporary smaller enclosure for her and have her stay in that for a week and just bring her lights with me 🤔

Besides that she’s doing great! No eggs but she doing fine… always betraying my expectations with those eggies. She loves her food and she’s recently shed!😄
I vote for the temp cage. Because taking down the main one you'd have re-dial in all the parameters.

Back
Top Bottom