What age should colours show?

Jay1501

I have had my chameleon about a month now ive been told by the breeder that he will go blue red and green i beleve he is 3 months however the breeder could have told me anything as its my first chameleon so realy im just wandering when the colours will start to show and when the colours are to there full i sometimes can see a few red spots under his front (chest) and small bit of green behind his eyes but very litle he is usualy all brown with white sometimes bits of black.

they are all different. Some have great coloring at 3 months and some don't. I have a 41/2 month old Ambanja and he is not too colorful yet., There are times when he shows some colors, but most of the time not too much. My Sambava did not start coloring up until about 6 months. Sometimes you just have to be patient! He WILL get color, don't worry!

Oh ok its just ive seen colourfull ones at 3 months lol i was told he is a sambava/rustic red and ambolibe blue,red and greens those are the exact words the breeder mailed me before i went to get him is that a good local/breed

My 3 month old female veiled is usually always a bright green,or bright green with dark green striping,and my 5 month old female veiled is usually brown,or tan.. I would just give it time and it'll show :D

The good news is early coloration is not necessarily correlated with a beautifully colored adult. Many "late bloomers" turn out to be the most beautiful.

Just be patient and enjoy is evolution to a beautiful adult. Watching a male panther chameleon grow up and change is one of the best parts about chameleon keeping IMO :D

Back
Top Bottom