What are these lumps on my chameleon

Kenney

So this is my Yemen chameleon Kenny. He is around 5 years old. He is eating & drinking well. Could anyone tell me what these hard lumps are on his body? He seems to have more & noticed them a few months ago. Thank you guys x

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpeg
    IMG_3545.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3546.jpeg
    IMG_3546.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3543.jpeg
    IMG_3543.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3547.jpeg
    IMG_3547.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2
:) Hi and welcome. Just wondering if you feed crickets. While I want to say the white bumps could look like papillomas (warts), the areas with black centers look like injury of some sort. Makes me wonder if stray crickets have been biting him and causing abscesses. The best and only way to know for certain is thru a vet visit and possibly a biopsy. While papilloma is pretty harmless, it can be spread to other reptiles. Abscesses or infection won’t clear on their own as chameleon pus is thick and has to be cleaned out. Antibiotics would also be needed after. There are other abnormal growths that it could be that you’d want to know if he has…like CANV. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/canv-in-a-veiled-chameleon….189168/

:) Hi and welcome. Just wondering if you feed crickets. While I want to say the white bumps could look like papillomas (warts), the areas with black centers look like injury of some sort. Makes me wonder if stray crickets have been biting him and causing abscesses. The best and only way to know for certain is thru a vet visit and possibly a biopsy. While papilloma is pretty harmless, it can be spread to other reptiles. Abscesses or infection won’t clear on their own as chameleon pus is thick and has to be cleaned out. Antibiotics would also be needed after. There are other abnormal growths that it could be that you’d want to know if he has…like CANV. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/canv-in-a-veiled-chameleon….189168/
Hey, thanks for responding. He only has gut loaded locusts, which I hand feed him out of a plastic tub. I dust them with calcium powder & vitamins & also wash the tub out regularly. So i know how much he’s had to eat, there’s no live bugs in his home & that he’s not digesting anything he shouldn’t be. What is CANV ?? 🙈 Kenny is the only reptile we have so no worries there. Think I’m going to have to look up a decent reptile vet as I don’t know how it could be an injury. He is so friendly & is handled every day. He loves to come out of his home & climb on his diy perch attached to my window & look outside. Thanks again for getting back to me x

Oh dear ! Definitely taking him to a vet. How would he have got that? 😬
Happens all the time. You get stuck shed. Then you get another, and the one closest to the skin never dries out and just becomes a biodome for things that can live off of skin. Once the skin is removed its pretty easy to clear up with little effort.

Back
Top Bottom