what does head bobbing mean

jackNjill

my jackson(female) bobs at my male now she is looking plump 3-4 days ago she weighed 22.9 g then the next day 23.8 and then 25 g and today she was 27.7g last night she never ate and this morning she never ate

Normally a male will head bob when he sees a female and wants to mate. Never seen a female head bob before.

My female panther headbobs at me when I am cleaning her cage. I am pretty sure it is a warning that she is not happy. She does the same thing when she gets misted directly on her head.

My female just did this for the first time ever today. I've been slowly introducing her to a prospective male since the summer. The first intro was a DISASTER. She HATED him. Turned black, gaped, tried to bite him, just not having his crap at ALL. Then he doubled his weight and the next intro, she sat still, didn't gape, but didn't seem all that into it either. Today, she turned bright green and head bobbed at him, and he turned purple and turquoise about the head, his horns got red, his body got this gorgeous electric lime stripe and he started bobbing too. I'm starting to think they might have some chemistry!

My girl does that on my hand mister ;) First I thought it's the color (it's bright orange), but when I switched it to a white one and she was doing it too!
I think she just doesn't like to be misted :)

Back
Top Bottom