What foods have the best nutritional value for veiled chameleons

EllaKonrad2024

I love my veiled chameleon so much and I want to do what'd best for him? So what foods are best for him out of all of them just so I can fo what's best for him cost or not

Hi and welcome to the forum! The best feeder insects for chameleons would be properly gutloaded dubia roaches, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, and some treats like hornworms superworms and waxworms. For feeding chameleons variety is best so try and mix it up!

Attachments

• 3F5CCB2C-9FA0-4453-9374-1D990034A3FC.png
    3F5CCB2C-9FA0-4453-9374-1D990034A3FC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Regardless of which feeders you give, they need to be fed a variety of foods as well to be healthy and therefore, more nutritious. Some feeders do have specific diets, like hornworms and silkworms have their chows. The others, like roaches, crickets, bsfl, etc you can feed fresh produce and can add a good commercial food if you like. I feed my bugs the same items I use for my bearded dragons’ salads - dandelion, turnip, mustard or collard greens, arugula, watercress, various squash, bell pepper, occasionally green beans and usually blue or raspberries with seasonal additions like watermelon, apple, pumpkin. I’ll also occasionally include some Repashy bug burger which I add a few pinches of bee pollen to.
IMG_0005.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom