What is an inbred baby?

what about two siblings producing offspring?. Wouldn't that be inbreeding also? I guess any related family members producing offspring would be considered.

Yeah, what Carol said, its any combo of parents that are already blood related. So it could be a sire and his duaghter, brother and sister, etc.

Bottom line its not a good thing. If you breed you should always be sure you have unrelated parents.

In breeding can lead to multiple issues, whether they are physical or internal issues. For instance, I have an inbred Bearded Dragon that I rescued a year ago. He hasn't grown since I've rescued him, and more than likely will never be more than the 5 inches he is. He's probably the same size as a 4-5 month old Bearded Dragon. He has a twisted tail towards the tip as well from being inbred.

Here is an attached photograph of him.

Attachments

• IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 1528721_10201285325117564_1365535318_n.jpg
    1528721_10201285325117564_1365535318_n.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 340
In breeding can lead to multiple issues, whether they are physical or internal issues. For instance, I have an inbred Bearded Dragon that I rescued a year ago. He hasn't grown since I've rescued him, and more than likely will never be more than the 5 inches he is. He's probably the same size as a 4-5 month old Bearded Dragon. He has a twisted tail towards the tip as well from being inbred.

Here is an attached photograph of him.

Zac I love your beardie! I miss having beardies. If you ever decide to get rid of him let me know. I has promised no more animals except more quads but sometimes.......

It allows recessive genetic traits to manifest. If you look at societies in which incest was common there were a lot of genetic defects in the offspring. Hemophilia is one that comes to mind. In today's Amish communities there continues to be problems such as Byler's syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom