What should I use for a stand for my cage?

What does everone use for a stand for your cages? Where did you purchase them?
Michelle

i just put it on my dresser the higher the cham can get the more safe they feel try making it so that the cham can be above your head :) they like to look down on you!

Here's some pics of mine. I just built them cause everything out there is pretty much garbage unless you spend some decent cash on it. Only cost me about $100 for the small and $150 got the bigger one.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

I used scrap-wood from my backyard, and screws that I had laying around to build my stand.

Here's some pics of mine. I just built them cause everything out there is pretty much garbage unless you spend some decent cash on it. Only cost me about $100 for the small and $150 got the bigger one.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg
@Mr Wilson Your cage set up and stands look REALLY nice! I actually found a nice side table today that was discounted ALOT because it was a floor model and had a few very minor scratches on the top which of course I would never see. But the top is 22x22in so its perfect! I cant wait to get it all set up!

I went to Lowe's and bought an "assemble it yourself" shelf kit that let you choose different sizes and types of legs/shelves and fittings. So, I have the cage mounted to a wire shelf (so it won't suffer any water damage) and there are 2 particle board shelves below (glass is also available) which hold supplies. I have mine on casters for easy movement.

mine is nothing fancy there on old bird cage caster stands...I do love Mr. Wilsons cage set up, looks very nice.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg
where did you buy your cages in the first photo?

Got them from LLL. there 24X24X48. The whole thing with the stand i just under 7ft tall. i wanted my guys to be able to climb.. they love it :D

Cool that is the one I ordered from them! It should be her tue or wed I'm so excited! I plan on posting pics to share with everyone to get a "pre-approval" of sorts of the setup before I get the little guy.

.....or you can use the wire shelving that you can find at Target, Home Depot, Lowe's...... I have lots of racks with about 4 cages on them and if you put the casters on the bottom, you can roll them around to where you need to if you are cleaning or taking them outside, etc.

Michelle:

Trying to return your PM, but it's full. You need to clear some space in your message folder. (FYI)

I bought one large piece of 1/2" plywood and about 8-9 brackets and made my own shelve. It makes a nice L shape and Ive got 12' long x 2' wide. Its perfect for even the 2ft deep male cages. Now its time to order the mist king soon. Just waiting on some new guys/gals then Im done having to hand mist 3x a day. yeahh

For right now I bought a $29 fold out table from Walmart. My cages aren't heavy so it works for me. :) It's like those fold up card tables but longer and thinner.

Back
Top Bottom