What Size?

We are getting a male baby sunburst chameleon. We are first timers yet know a lot from this website and research. Anyway we have ordered a cage (24x24x48). When the chameleon grows it will grow rather quickly but when it grows to its biggest size will the cage be big enough? Do you think we will need a bigger cage? :)

24x24x48" seems to be the going size on here for veileds and panthers. That should be fine when he's full grown, but some people like to have even bigger than that. I'd watch how he grows and adjust accordingly.

No, that cage will be fine for a full grown adult. That is the standard size everyone uses. Bigger is of course always better, so if you ever wanted to build a custom one that is larger that would be great too! You are getting a baby veild? You said sunburst so I am assuming you mean a Veild. If it is a tiny baby that cage will probably be too big. It can work if you cup feed, as the feeders will have many places to hide in a cage so large if you let them free range. And he may get "lost" in there meaning you might not be able to find him! lol

Bigger the better. But that's a fine size.

I'm custom building a cage now for my little Veiled. It's gonna be 48h by 36w by 24d.

Back
Top Bottom