What to do with my 50 gallon terrarium??

Emperor

I bought a 50 gallon horizontal terrarium off of Craigslist and I don't know what to put in it. I already have two chameleons, which are awesome :D

I was thinking maybe a crocodile skink or a blue tongue skink.

What are your ideas??

Crocodile skinks are kind of tricky- similar in difficulty to chams, plus they are secretive and you might not see your lizard too often (they are really cool to see when they are visible though). It would work for a blue tongue- but you may find it kind of a tight fit.

Collard lizards, leopard geckos, or painted agamas would be better choices for that size tank and all 3 of these species become very tame.

I have a tank that is 48" long and about 18" high and deep, so I decided to turn it into a naturalistic community tank for African fat-tailed geckos. So I have plants, flowers, logs, moss, etc. and love watching the geckos come out at dusk and do what they do.

Are there no other small lizards that catch your eye? It's a really good tank size for most small species, and you could make something really cool in something like that.

I have a tank that is 48" long and about 18" high and deep, so I decided to turn it into a naturalistic community tank for African fat-tailed geckos. So I have plants, flowers, logs, moss, etc. and love watching the geckos come out at dusk and do what they do.

Are there no other small lizards that catch your eye? It's a really good tank size for most small species, and you could make something really cool in something like that.

Could you post a picture of your setup? This sounds like a really awesome idea!

You could always use it to keep Dart Frogs.. They are pretty cool and with an enclosure that large you could have quite a few.. Plus you can be very creative when decorating the enclosure

tank

I have a 55 long with a ball python in it. its also have live plants and moss in it. my female bp love to lay on the moss.

Tegus grow really fast. I have argentines. Upgrade later for a baby from a 50 gallon tank means in 6 months...

Back
Top Bottom