Whats wrong with my setup?

Shrimp15

I need advice and suggestions for my setup. I own a 6 month old male veiled, i know its not a very big cage but it is all i can afford and all i can find. I have a drip system, humidifier, my uvb and uva and a easter lilly plant and a hibicus but idk what i need next.
7C24882B.jpg

Pretty good start!

Need:

-more branches ( chameleon highways!)
-More Live plants (Devils Ivy aka. Pothos)
-Drainage system, could be as easy as a plastic tub underneath the cage.
-5.0 UVB Light to be specific.
-A 60W hoise bulb for a backing light works great... make sure to leave 5'' -6'' of air to prevent your chameleon from burning it self!!!
- Replant your plants in organic soil, after place stones on top of soil tp prevent your baby from eating the soil!
- Misting system helps ( Mistking $$$, Exo-terra Monsoon $$) or a hand spray bottle $ :p

You already have:

A good sized cage!
Driper!
UVB light!

**** Good job!

Last edited:
Looks pretty good so far! Try to repot your plants in organic non fertilized soil!

Get a tall ficus and let your little feller chill outside the cage every now and then!:D

Looks good!

Ditto on everything they said before me, PLUS remove the letter stickers that are on your screens, it's driving me CRAZY!!!:)

Ditto on everything they said before me, PLUS remove the letter stickers that are on your screens, it's driving me CRAZY!!!:)

Haha, ditto on this!

You could use more highways.
The only issue I see is the basking area, or lack there of one.
You will need vines much closer to your basking bulb.
Try running one from a top corner, to the center of the cage, and put the basking bulb over that corner;)

I hear so many pros and cons about the water bowls. For under the cage (guessing it's 2'x2'?) check the local hardware/pet supply stores for a 2'x2' black plastic pan. I got one from Tractor Supply here for around $7. It fits perfectly underneath. Like what you've done with the place...lol.

Back
Top Bottom