Where to find cheap crickets but good quality

Lxcky

So I have been buying crickets for my chameleon from pangeareptile and the crickets from them are amazing always healthy and in big bulk but it is pretty pricey since I live in California they charge $25 just for shipping and I want to know if there is any other place I can buy crickets but good quality and not dead in a couple days but not as pricey if anyone knows or have suggestions let me know asap please n thank you

I get mine from Josh's Frogs, and yeah the shipping cost is high. But I make big orders and the crickets have been healthy and long lived. My last batch of 3/4 inch were chirping up a storm when they arrived so I put in a lay bin and hatched what appears to be thousands. I may just be raising my own from now!
My locally owned/independent pet store also gets their crickets from Josh's Frogs. I hadn't thought about seeing if I could save on shipping by ordering through them. That's a great idea MissSkittles!

IME you end up paying more for cheaper crickets as they die and aren’t taken care of as well. Like I saved money when I bought from ghanns and never had a single crickets die versus other vendors that were cheaper, but died off in less than half the time.

IME you end up paying more for cheaper crickets as they die and aren’t taken care of as well. Like I saved money when I bought from ghanns and never had a single crickets die versus other vendors that were cheaper, but died off in less than half the time.
Precisely! For a while I was buying from a local mom & pop store and was paying $20 for 500 domestic crickets. It was overpriced, but no shipping costs and support local businesses and all, so I didn’t mind. But…consistently there was about 40-50% die off so it was equivalent to paying $20 for 250-300 crickets! Yikes that’s expensive! Not to mention domestic crickets stink to high heaven no matter how clean you keep them. If I’m going to end up paying so much, I may as well have little to no die off and drastically less stink with ordering banded crickets on line. As an added bonus, there so far haven’t been any surprise spiders in the boxes like there were from the mom & pop store’s supplier.

Back
Top Bottom