Which chameleon is right for me?

Bermuda

I want a colourful chameleon, I have a Exo terra xl tall tank (36" x 18" x 36") which chameleon would you guys recommend I am a beginner and what a colourful chameleon, I would also like to handle it a bit but if I snatched it isn't a big problem!:confused:)

If you want a colorful chameleon I would start looking at Panther Chameleons and see what local you might like the best. Ever local has a different look to them so I would start your journey checking them out.

Your cage will be fine for a younger panther but a full grown male should have a cage that is a bit larger. If your set on keeping that cage for your chameleons entire life, I would look into maybe a carpet chameleon. They are much smaller than panthers and they also have some awesome colors.

As for handling, that will be up to your particular chameleon. Some take better to handling than others so you will just have to see how yours is.

I would check out the Resources tab at the top and start reading through all the information on different chameleons and their basic needs. Maybe one will stand out as what you would be looking for.

well, mostly all chameleons are colorful. If your talking about the red/blues/oranges and such your wanting a panther chameleon. But do some good research tho.

I suggest to visit our photo gallery and check out all the pictures over there. Jannb has a absolutely gorgeous veild chameleon. Ive seen some really sweet looking Jackson chameleons as well (although they are kinda harder to care for)

once you've decided on what type of chameleon suits you visit our resources tab on this website and look for "caresheets". Then choose your chameleon and learn about what it takes to keep they happy and healthy.

As most chameleons, they don't like to be held to much. But many people on this forum have chameleons who are friendly and will tolerate being held.

good luck with whatever type you choose. This forum has tons of resources so use them up!

I really like the cape dwarf chameleons but idk where to get them in the uk and ireland!!!

Those are super hard to get as it is illegal to export them from SA. As they are a Dwarf chameleon and very rare, I would really not recommend them for you. If it is your first, you want one that you can handle, and one that is colorful, I would recommend a Panther, probably a male.

Those are super hard to get as it is illegal to export them from SA. As they are a Dwarf chameleon and very rare, I would really not recommend them for you. If it is your first, you want one that you can handle, and one that is colorful, I would recommend a Panther, probably a male.

Would the Exo terra large /xl tall terrarium be ok for a adult male http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/natural_terrarium_large.php
if not can you recommend one that will be suitable

Go for a screen cage when it's bigger, they are much cheaper. Also make sure you have all the funds set aside.

Back
Top Bottom