Winter?

Toph00

Being in Statesboro, Georgia....It is just now starting to get cold. Is there anything I need to add or change for the colder months? should I continue to keep my light and heat lamp schedule from 9 to 9? do I need a night heat lamp or anything? Please let me know! It is my first cham winter!

as far as i know, if your temps stay steady...thats about it. if they get lower than 60ish? at night youll want to add a space heater or something i suppose.

i've also heard of some people adjusting their lighting by an hour (i assume around daylight savings time?) but im not sure if ill be changing mine.

You may need to get a higher wattage basking bulb to make up for colder indoor temperatures, but you have to just watch and see. If you keep the heater on then you may not need to make it hotter in the cage. You don't need a heat source at night unless it gets less than 60 F. And if it does then you can use a ceramic heat emitter instead of a night light so there is still complete darkness. Or you can heat the whole room with a space heater. I gradually shorten my light cycle to 10.5 hours of daylight in the winter to try to simulate seasons, but lots of people don't change their light cycle and their chams do just fine.

I will have to check how low my temperatures are getting tonight. If it gets too cold, I have a heater I guess I can turn on by her cage to heat up the area!

Back
Top Bottom