Xanth Question

Chali2naRap

Ive seen a few cases of people keeping a male xanth and a female xanth in the same enclosure saying its alright. and if this is true then im wondering if and when mating time comes do i need to have another enclosure to house them seperately for a period of time?

IMO I think you should never put two chameleons together in the same cage, enless it was a pygmy. Again thats just my opinion. :)

When they are just born you could keep them all in the same cage till ABOUT 3-5 months. If you have a "bully" in the cage just remove him/her into a seperate cage.

Hope this helps! :)

Also just a wonder, but where did you see where it said that you could keep two in the same cage?

I have heard several people say you can keep Jackson's together in large enclosures with dense vegetation... However, I have not been able to get a definition of "large enclosure"... Personally I think it is best to keep them individually, it allows monitoring them better and avoiding stress - especially for females.

That said, I have successfully kept juveniles together for a few months, but this requires making sure all get enough food and don't stress each other out too much. In such cases I generally separate them.

alright, thanks for the info. and ive just seen it online a few times so i was just curious, i would love to have two that dont stress eachother out or fight in the same enclosure but if its not good then ill just avoid it

Back
Top Bottom