Yellow Nasal Cavity

MangoTango

Established Member
hey guys, I just wanted to check on this. I just noticed my girls nasal cavity is yellow. i don’t remember if it was like that, idk how long it’s been like that either. she doesn’t have any other symptoms (she’s been eating her poop tho and idk why? she was tested for parasites and she was clean of the bad ones, they said they found ones that aren’t unnatural to a chams gut and I didn’t need to do anything with her). and the dark spots on her lip is from dubias and solider flies, I check the inside of her mouth regularly and everything is good. i’ll post pics, lmk what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_6839.png
    IMG_6839.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6840.jpeg
    IMG_6840.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 3
Can’t say I’ve ever see nostrils so yellow…but I don’t know if it’s a problem or not. Does it look like snot or something…or just the colour of her skin?

Do you know the name of the parasite she has that you say she wasn’t treated for? There are a couple of parasites that can live in a chameleons stomach that won’t really hurt her….I know this because I helped a parasitologist study one that a wild caught female chameleon I owned had. She lived a normal normal life…and after she died, they were able to get the male parasite they needed from her necropsy to study that parasite further. I had collected some of the female parasites expelled from her while I owned her…but they needed a male to confirm things.

I don’t think it’s her skin. looking back at pictures, i see a little yellow here and there from june on but, nothing as stark, opaque, and full looking as the pics I just took today, so i’m thinking it’s snot or something. I plan to take her to the vet this upcoming wednesday thursday or friday.

I did not get the name of the parasite but I can get it next week when I go! did you find out anything they found from the male parasite study? that’s so interesting!

Hope you get an answer from the vet.is it an exotics vet?

You said…”I did not get the name of the parasite but I can get it next week when I go! did you find out anything they found from the male parasite study? that’s so interesting!”…they were able to figure out the species and confirm that it could be left in the chameleon if the numbers weren’t huge. I was lucky to be a part of a few studies because, way back then, the vets didn’t know much and we all needed to learn…and I was willing to help out if I could.
Regarding the name of it…I just wonder if it’s the same species.

Back
Top Bottom