Yemen with weird sticky tail

Hi,
I am new to this forum but thought I may and try and get some advice as I can't seem to see any similar problems as what my chameleon has.
I have two Yemens, one female (10 months) and one male( 4-5 months).

Anyways, I have come home tonight and the male (Melvin) has a sticky end of tail, like sticky to touch. It is slightly discolored as well. I have searched on here to find out about tail rot but no-one describes it as being sticky which is what my chams tail is like.

Here is a picture below. Please note that his tail has been slightly kinked at the end since we got him and has never caused him any issues.

IMG-20131008-WA0001_zps66336c6f.jpg

Any ideas? I'm thinking as it's sticky he may have burnt it? He has been sitting very close to his light and I tried to move the light a bit further away. I'm hoping to hell that it's not another vet visit as I have literally just paid 400 pounds for the female to have a lump removed from her face!

Edited to add that he is not having any issues curling his tail.

Thanks

To start-I havent seen this before-but..Id check the cage for any liquid/drainage or other foreign sticky stuff. Alot of plants weep sticky liquid when they are diseased or when a leaf or stem is broken. The tail looks dark at the tip-unless hes always had that Id be a little concerned.

Im sure it goes without saying but if you find the source-remove it.

Back
Top Bottom