Zoo Med Paludarium

maarl

Hello, I would like to know if anyone recommends the Paludarium Double Door terrarium. In my city it is at a 30% discount.

Jeffrey, (my chameleon) is very active, and the truth is that since I bought him they told me that he is very curious and loves to be outside, which I have obviously noticed in these months that I have had him. I take him out quite often since I am working at home so he is with me most of the time, and whenever I try, I take him out of his terrarium to be with me or among my plants that I have in my room.

However, I would like him to be able to walk more during the times he is inside his terrarium. He deserves it for being such a good boy :)

For information he has now been in a Zoo Med's Skyscraper Terrarium. And I would like to get him the Paludarium Double Door.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-07-17 a la(s) 3.46.20 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-07-17 a la(s) 3.46.20 p.m..png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Hello, I would like to know if anyone recommends the Paludarium Double Door terrarium. In my city it is at a 30% discount.

Jeffrey, (my chameleon) is very active, and the truth is that since I bought him they told me that he is very curious and loves to be outside, which I have obviously noticed in these months that I have had him. I take him out quite often since I am working at home so he is with me most of the time, and whenever I try, I take him out of his terrarium to be with me or among my plants that I have in my room.

However, I would like him to be able to walk more during the times he is inside his terrarium. He deserves it for being such a good boy :)

For information he has now been in a Zoo Med's Skyscraper Terrarium. And I would like to get him the Paludarium Double Door.

Thank you!
Hello! The only concern I have with your current and cage you’re looking at is they’re all glass and won’t allow for correct ventilation which can be a breeding house for mold and bacteria. If you could send some pictures of your current setup that would be awesome 🤩

So the dimensions on this one is 36 inches wide 36 inches tall but only 18 inches deep. While the dimensions are not horrible because you have the width it does not give you the height or the depth that is really needed for a male veiled or male panther. You said you have him currently in the Zoo Med's Skyscraper Terrarium which is really far too small for a male. It is only 18x18x36. You need height and depth with chams so the minimum for a male
would be a 24x24x48inch.

There is another big issue with the paludarium being as the venting is set much farther up on the front. This is not going to fully cycle air and you can get stagnant air.

I honestly would not recommend either of these options for a Male veiled or male Panther. Due to their length potential as adults they almost always run 15-18 inches minimum for total length.

Have you looked into other options like Dragon strand or Tamura designs? These are going to give you the hybrid elements but with much more air flow which chameleons need. They will also give you the minimum size requirements for an adult male.

Just to touch on one other thing you mentioned. You said you have him out with you a lot. Keep in mind they need to have time to bask with their UVB lighting. This does not need to be all day long but at least a few hours in the day. If he is not getting that then you need to set up UVB lighting in whatever free range area you are keeping him in.

Back
Top Bottom