Zoomed repti breeze

sowa

I'm ordering the XL repti breeze (24" x 24" x 48") next week to replace my glass tank.

Is it possible it will be TOO big for a 3 month old veiled? She's very small right now. Or more space the better type thing?

I see a lot of enclosures with wood "perches" where do you get those? I'm also looking for branches with leaves or something.

What do you think will be a strong enough light? I assume I'll need something stronger for a bigger set up?

Anyone with these enclosures post pics of your set up!

Yes bigger is better and you can go to pet stores and get branches and leaves. Also any normal cage light will do.

That's going to be a huge cage for her. If finances are an issue and nothing is avialable on something like Craigslist you might want to consider building a false bottom so that the bottom can be raised until she grows bigger. I had built one using a redwood fence panel for about $5 which included nails....just make two sides and a top that slid into the cage for your pvc floor board to sit on.

If you do go big watch the temps and make sure she can find her food. I found the same cage on Amazon for $91 a few weeks back. Just check everyday and they sorta see what you view and prices drop...at least that's my experience; right after I bought it the price jumped back up to $107.

Yes bigger is better and you can go to pet stores and get branches and leaves. Also any normal cage light will do.

That's like putting a person in a city they aren't familiar with and tell them good luck finding the grocery store with no map LOL. Bigger isn't always better. But there are some smart choices with design that can make this work, albeit not ideal as having grow out cages as she grows.

I only purchased an XL Reptibreeze for my Veiled when he was about 10 months old - they are very large and a small chameleon will struggle to find food in such a huge enclosure. Having said that, as Craig has said, you could buy one and section half of it off, to make it smaller until your chameleon grows large enough.

Woops old thread

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426992642656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426992642656.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 144
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426992737906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426992737906.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 135
That's like putting a person in a city they aren't familiar with and tell them good luck finding the grocery store with no map LOL. Bigger isn't always better. But there are some smart choices with design that can make this work, albeit not ideal as having grow out cages as she grows.

I not saying your wrong and I new to chams so I don't know but aren't they wild animals so they exists in the wild and there is most likely less food per square foot in wild than in any size cage so y would big cage matter especially if u put half in cage a half in cup plus all my crickets always end up near the heat source anyways

I updated my chams enclosure this last week and she seems to be doing great. She learned to hunt her food while I had her in a medium reptibreeze cage. Now her new cage is 4 ft tall, by 2 ft by 3 ft and she still hunts the crickets pretty well. I haven't seen one cricket at then end of the day remaining in her cage.

I really think it depends on the chameleon. If your cham waits patiently for its food than yes you may need to wait, but if its a go getter than it may be fine.

My cham is probably about 3 months now and she about 9 inches tail to head. I've seen her grow rather quickly the last month and a half so she may be bigger than the avg young chameleon

My issue was also my crickets where so small they would crawl through the cage... Cup feeding would fix this.

Back
Top Bottom