Chester final update!

lurker9090

Established Member
So, chester had his check up appointment today after his final round of 10 shots last week.
They did another xray, no water in lungs! He is officially cleared and back to health. :)
I made some updates to his enclosure to make sure his husbandry is on point to avoid any problems in the future.
I am so happy he's better and has his spark back.
Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.53.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.56.54 PM.png

Some changes I made

-added extra mister nozzle
-enclosed 2 sides of enclosure (With really cool shrink plastic, thanks bill strand!)
-extra live plants for added humidity
-moved away from window
-replaced t5 arcadia 6% uvb
-upgraded terrarium
-got more temp gages to make sure all part of enclosure have correct specs
-got him a outside enclosure so he can bask on nice days :)
-added roaches to his diet
-switched to reptical (phosphorous free)

Love my little buddy.

So, chester had his check up appointment today after his final round of 10 shots last week.
They did another xray, no water in lungs! He is officially cleared and back to health. :)
I made some updates to his enclosure to make sure his husbandry is on point to avoid any problems in the future.
I am so happy he's better and has his spark back.
View attachment 354961View attachment 354962
Some changes I made

-added extra mister nozzle
-enclosed 2 sides of enclosure (With really cool shrink plastic, thanks bill strand!)
-extra live plants for added humidity
-moved away from window
-replaced t5 arcadia 6% uvb
-upgraded terrarium
-got more temp gages to make sure all part of enclosure have correct specs
-got him a outside enclosure so he can bask on nice days :)
-added roaches to his diet
-switched to reptical (phosphorous free)

Love my little buddy.
I am at the vet right now getting my boy Juice his ceftazidime. He is still happy and eating and pooping, enjoying his sun, he just has a weird cough once a day and I can tell there’s mucus in there somewhere.

He is by a window that I have shut, the heat is too much and I was misting to cool it down not realizing I was creating a bad environment for him.

Was the injection scary? What do I need to know for post care and anything else.

I’m moving him into a cooler room with morning sun only, going to add more plants as you did, more temp gauges too because I only have one on top and one on bottom.

Florida seems ideal, but it’s so hot in the summer that it’s hard to regulate humidity properly.

Anything helps!

I am at the vet right now getting my boy Juice his ceftazidime. He is still happy and eating and pooping, enjoying his sun, he just has a weird cough once a day and I can tell there’s mucus in there somewhere.

He is by a window that I have shut, the heat is too much and I was misting to cool it down not realizing I was creating a bad environment for him.

Was the injection scary? What do I need to know for post care and anything else.

I’m moving him into a cooler room with morning sun only, going to add more plants as you did, more temp gauges too because I only have one on top and one on bottom.

Florida seems ideal, but it’s so hot in the summer that it’s hard to regulate humidity properly.

Anything helps!
def get a bunch of temp gages, for me i had to move him away from the window because there was a chance he was too cold (canada). The shots were hard. I watched a few youtube videos before to get my self prepared (nurse also showed me live). You NEED 2 ppl. IT was a hard process.

As I started giving him the shot and i actually fainted. My boyfriend took over from there and did them all. I would hold him down and close my eyes while my bf did the shot. After the first one it was easy, just annoying.
The trick is to be very strict and confident. have a VERY good grip on them. They are EXTREMELY strong. The better grip you hard, the smoother it will go! They are going to act like they are being killed, but they are barely feeling any pain so dont freak out.
If you CANNOT do it, ask if theres any oral meds you can use instead, or ask for them to do it everytime.
If i did not have my boyfriend there is 0% chance i would be able to do them and I would have took him to the vet for every shot instead.

Reward them with a treat ASAP to try to make them forget the slight trauma they just experienced.

Trust will come back! dont worry.

I have my panther in a corner of my living room and he's not been affected by TV from anything I've seen. He even usually
sleeps at the front of his enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom