First chameleon have a few concerns

I see mention of giardia on your receipt and that is one of the parasites that metronidazole is used for. If that is what he has, you will need to do a very thorough cleaning of his entire enclosure and replace all porous items, like branches, vines and afraid all the plants will have to be tossed out. I took the enclosure completely apart and outside to clean first with veterinary disinfectant f10, rinsed and dried in the sun and then did a second cleaning with bleach water. I don’t recall the ratio I used, but it was probably stronger than needed. I even used a small brush to gently clean the screen. Rinsed the heck out of it and then again, dried in the sun. Use disposable or fake plants and things until you get a totally clear recheck.
Sorry I missed the part “if”

He looks very thin in your pictures. I hope deworming gets him feeling better. I've found that Flagyl or metronidazole can affect appetite. Don't be surprised if he doesn't eat well. You may need to tempt him with special insects. Don't let it go on very long without force feeding if he won't eat. He is very thin.

Roundworm and pinworms aren't that hard to kill. A good bleaching, a strong disinfecting or a steam cleaning should do it. Here is more detail on how to get it done. blogs/cage-cleaning-sanitation-istyt-part-4-disinfection.

He looks very thin in your pictures. I hope deworming gets him feeling better. I've found that Flagyl or metronidazole can affect appetite. Don't be surprised if he doesn't eat well. You may need to tempt him with special insects. Don't let it go on very long without force feeding if he won't eat. He is very thin.

Roundworm and pinworms aren't that hard to kill. A good bleaching, a strong disinfecting or a steam cleaning should do it. Here is more detail on how to get it done. blogs/cage-cleaning-sanitation-istyt-part-4-disinfection.
Yeah the medicine has made him very odd. I already force fed him I can’t stand seeing him so thin. Backwater reptiles really gave it to me…. Such a shame. I sent them a very nice email while asking for a refund (which I doubt) Disgusting people.

If he has parasites you can see under the skin it's something usually found in imported wild caught animals. If I understood you correctly. Did they give you any history? Parasites like that are spread by biting insects generally so we don't find them in captive bred pets. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.

If he has parasites you can see under the skin it's something usually found in imported wild caught animals. If I understood you correctly. Did they give you any history? Parasites like that are spread by biting insects generally so we don't find them in captive bred pets. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.
No history. It’s my fault I did little research

Backwater reptiles really gave it to me…. Such a shame. I sent them a very nice email while asking for a refund (which I doubt) Disgusting people.
I hate to tell you, but don’t hold your breath waiting for any refund or resolution from Backwater. They are terrible, and once they get your money and ship the animal out, that is the end of the transaction for them. The small amount you might save in buying an animal from them you’ll end up spending that and much more in veterinary care trying to keep your animal and get it healthy. While I’m so very sorry that this has happened for you, at the same time I’m happy for your chameleon to have ended up with a caring person who is helping him.

I hate to tell you, but don’t hold your breath waiting for any refund or resolution from Backwater. They are terrible, and once they get your money and ship the animal out, that is the end of the transaction for them. The small amount you might save in buying an animal from them you’ll end up spending that and much more in veterinary care trying to keep your animal and get it healthy. While I’m so very sorry that this has happened for you, at the same time I’m happy for your chameleon to have ended up with a caring person who is helping him.
I’m going to do my best for this guy. He deserves it

This is what they gave me today for him

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 2
Just want to say how sorry I am this is how your first experience started. But very grateful this little guy found you to try to save himself from where he was with Backwater and be cared for properly. I send positive vibes and strength to both of you, hopefully he starts to get better soon. 😊
Welcome to the the chamily!

Unfortunately he is not doing good at all. Found him barely hanging onto a branch upside down. I don’t think he’s going to make it.
If he does not make it you will want to do an extremely thorough cleaning of everything before bringing home another chameleon. I am so very sorry you had to go through this.

Back
Top Bottom