Reptaid for RI?

Pluto_the_Panther

Established Member
Reading good things about Reptaid. Should I try it to help my chameleon recover from his RI assuming he does? He's on Fortaz and Amikacin which seem harsh so I was wondering if Reptaid might help him recover assuming he can. I know it's not an alternative to the vet which is why I'm already going to the vet but I was hoping this might help. He also hasn't pooped in over a week which is starting to be concerning.

I'm reading very compelling on reviews on Amazon. Stuff like this "I’m so glad I found this stuff. I was so close to taking my guy to the vet. His eyes were shut for about a week with some wheezing. After the 2nd day of giving this to my chameleon, I can definitely notice a difference. Both eyes are open and he has way more energy."

I have and still use this when needed in all of my reptiles. I have only used it with my turtle when he had an RI. I have used it with all of my chameleons, one specifically with coccidia in the past. I would not recommend using it unless the current antibiotics are finished. I’ve only used it by itself. It is alcohol based so I always make sure I provide extra hydration.

I have and still use this when needed in all of my reptiles. I have only used it with my turtle when he had an RI. I have used it with all of my chameleons, one specifically with coccidia in the past. I would not recommend using it unless the current antibiotics are finished. I’ve only used it by itself. It is alcohol based so I always make sure I provide extra hydration.
So would you say it works?

I guess I might get it to have on hand as a last resort if things go really downhill. And I might give a few doses to help him recover from the antibiotics.

I would say yes it works. In my experience my reptiles did well and had no issues. They did receive vet care but this was good to have on hand to help out.

I guess I might get it to have on hand as a last resort if things go really downhill. And I might give a few doses to help him recover from the antibiotics.
I would not give Reptaid at the same time as an antibiotic, that way you are not overloading the system. There are instructions on the package with the dosage and how long to give it.

I would not give Reptaid at the same time as an antibiotic, that way you are not overloading the system. There are instructions on the package with the dosage and how long to give it.
I'm starting to worry about him not pooping in a while. At what point would you consider the risk of too much stuff at once worth taking in order to help him in case he's impacted? I read that this can work for that so at a certain point I feel like it might be necessary.

How is his hydration? I’ve had mine go 2-3 weeks (at the longest) with no bowel movement. Not saying this is normal but from my experience the lack of movement/activity along with meds has stopped up my guys. Most recently when treating pinworms. I did not notice the Reptaid making them go to the bathroom any faster. If he’s eating and you haven’t already, try giving him some hornworms or silkworms. I find that this helps my chams. He will also be less likely to become impacted. Also, keep an eye out for any bloating or abdominal distention. Hope this helps, I know it’s pretty stressful for you.

How is his hydration? I’ve had mine go 2-3 weeks (at the longest) with no bowel movement. Not saying this is normal but from my experience the lack of movement/activity along with meds has stopped up my guys. Most recently when treating pinworms. I did not notice the Reptaid making them go to the bathroom any faster. If he’s eating and you haven’t already, try giving him some hornworms or silkworms. I find that this helps my chams. He will also be less likely to become impacted. Also, keep an eye out for any bloating or abdominal distention. Hope this helps, I know it’s pretty stressful for you.
1712507698865.png

Does he looked bloated here? His stomach seems a bit full to me.

I still have no clue if this is even irregular cause I've never paid attention to his pooping schedule before. I feel like he poops very infrequently though.

Unless he pooped in between and I skipped a fecal I think it took him over two weeks to poop. I might give it a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom