2009 Chameleon Calendar

Are you saying that if we have previously submitted photos, we are allowed to submit a second set of two photos and you will choose your favorite two out of the group?

Yes. The reason is that the strict 2300x1800 size requirement forced me to crop some entries too much; some chameleons were partially cut out of the photo and spacing quality was lessened. So if you enter some new photos please consider the strict size requirement of the calendar.

If your original image is JPG and you are cropping it, I recommend saving it as PNG or TIFF or any other lossless image formats.

Saturday is the last day to enter your calendar photos. While all species are welcome, something more unique will give you better odds of making the calendar.
---------

To help guarantee a variety and still allow members full participation I have decided to run a few polls instead of just one big one. Each poll will cover a particular species or group of species. There might also be one for babies. The polls will begin on Sunday and last at most a week.

photo size: 2300x1800

The veiled and panther polls are up. A pigmy and other-species poll is coming soon. As suggested in the chatroom, a collage for babies might also be created; something similar with feeding photos is also being considered.

The cover vote will being next Sunday and will last for only a few days. The whole process should be complete by September 30th.

I love the choices and have already voted. However, I do like your idea about a montage of babies. It was hard to choose in the various groups and I loved the baby pics, however the adults are so marvelous in their colors that I went with the adults - mostly because of the use of these pictures as a calendar. Others who might want a calendar will probably want to see the fired up chams.

Could babies be on the back page? Please?

The voting has ended.

There is still the option of one or two months having multiple photos (collage) not seen in these polls. This will be decided over the next few days.

Veiled Chameleons
photo 9
photo 6
photo 5
photo 1

Panther Chameleons
photo 11
photo 5
photo 4
photo 9

Pygmy Chameleons
photo 2
photo 5

Other Chameleon Species
photo 1
photo 8
photo 9
photo 5

The photos listed above in bold will be included in the 2009 calendar. The photos not listed in bold are only being considered. A final poll to determine the calendar cover will consist of the photos in bold and will begin this afternoon. I want to thank all the participants and everyone who took the time to vote. :)

Likewise! Thanks for all the votes everyone! Very much appreciated. I can't wait to see these calendars, they're gonna be incredible.

The calendar is complete and should be available in a week or two. A small initial batch will be sold in the bookstore. I'll make an announcement and post some pics soon.

ad_calendar09_large.jpg

The 2009 calendars are now available. An initial batch will be sold in the bookstore at a small discount. If needed, additional copies will be available in a site printshop currently under development. I want to thank everyone who submitted photos and voted in the contests. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom