22 Gallon Reptarium: BAD CHOICE (pic)

Enochlg

They sell & recommend it at LLLReptile, their selling point is that it's affordable & why spend a lot of money on a cage you'll need to upgrade in a few months anyways. They also win in the weight category & the mobility category.

But how often do we need to pick up & move our cages anyways? & let's face it, we want the best for our chameleons, their sensitive magnificent creatures.

So these were the cons i've found from this cage

1. It's dark. I have 4 lights on top & i keep the room very well lit & it's still dark in there.
2. The fabric net is wrapped around a PVC frame which crickets hide behind
3. When dead crickets fall to the bottom of the cage they always seems to get stuck under the PVC frame which is near impossible to get out so they start to rot
4. this is the one thats most important to me.
Anytime you need to zipper the cage shut or open, it shakes the entire cage & freaks your chameleon out! The last thing we want to do is scare our chameleons every time they see us.

Attachments

• rep.jpg
    rep.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 221
I agree 100%!!!! The zipper broke on my larger Reptarium after a few weeks of using it... I use a smaller one for boarding clients. Its convenient because its used for short periods of time and can be broken down cleaned thoroughly and put in storage. Its also used as a summer cage that I can move outside on nice days. I would not recommend it as a permanent cage for the same reasons Enochlg stated.

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe how dark these reptariums are. When I tried to move my baby chams into one of these they hated it with a passion (I actually have a funny photo of this)! Screen cages ftw

I dont mind them. For shy chameleons, they are good because they are dark. Plus they hold in more humidity. I've been using mine for 11 years now and it works just fine still. I am very gentle with the zipper and it has lasted. I also dont use the flimsy bottom plastic thing. I cut a piece of acrylic to size and drill a few holes in it so its just like the bottoms of the aluminum screen cages.

I agree not the best, always as an indoor cage, but I have a 38 gallon thats perfect for outside and travel time :)
So I cant dis them all the way, but screen cages are awesome

They are pretty dark. I just went with the aluminum screen cages. This are best. Quite pricey, but lasts a lifetime if you keep in doors

Back
Top Bottom