24x24x48 really enough???

Ray99

Hi guys I just finished my decorating the baby cage for my future panther, and I wanted to know if 24x48 is really big for a panther??? I also could build my own cage.

Thank you

I am not sure on that. I have a large outdoor cage that we built but we used chicken wire. Would not be good for an indoor cage cause the feeders will escape. There are certain grades of sceen. I am sure someone willchime in here who has built a cage and let ya know.

Crickets will eat right through the fiberglass or plastic screens. You'll have little holes all over the place in no time. Trust me! Metal screen is a must for that reason. :)

I used aluminum screen. Silver or black. I used silver because it's pretty, lol.

Last edited:
I use petscreen, which is PVC coated nylon, for the cages I build. It is better on their nails when they get to adult size in my opinion. It has less visibility but there are advantages in that the cham can't see you as well either. Reduces stress. Crickets can't chew threw it either. I still use aluminum screen for the top because of the heat lamp and it lets more light through. The link shows one of my cage builds for an adult panther.

http://youtu.be/jclE2nv4wn0

Is it really to hard to make a pretty cage?? I want to make it 32x24x52, is it really hard??

Thamks

i wouldnt say its hard if u know what u are doing. just take ur time.
my first cham cage is 29''d x 37''w x 68''t .
the one i am making now is 57''t x 48''w x 28''d
also made a cage for my beardi, 48''w x 28''t x 20''d

Back
Top Bottom