4 Months Old Ambilobe Male- What do you think?

bigant25

Hello, My boy "Nacho" is now 4 months old !!! (his hatch date june 22nd)

He came to me in the mail about 3 weeks ago and I've provided him with a pretty sweet set up, plenty of gutloaded crickets and tomato hornworms.... my only issue is keeping the humidity up !!

How do you think he looks for a 4 month old??? I'm hoping to see some more nice colors come in during the next few months.. his "sire" is MEGATRON from Sunshine Chameleons... by the way it was great dealing with GRACE from Sunshine Chameleons and I recommend them !

Thanks for any comments or feedback on Nacho, I just wanted to share a pic of Ignacio aka Nacho with the community and kill some time here at work while I pretend to be busy :cool:

nacho2.jpg

Nacho is looking good! My Ambilobe Panther will be here tomorrow, I am so excited! Pictures soon! Anything I know right away about them, I am new to chameleons?

For the humidity, I have read that live plants are the key, if you need even more humidity especially with the heat kicking on, try soaking a towel and hanging it outside the cage or at the bottom, that will usually helps with my other reptiles!

aMiseo - good luck with your new addition.

I have a nice live plant in there, I run the dripper 12 hours + per day and I mist 3 -4 times per day, but in my NYC apt apparently the air is dry, especially when I turn on the heat, that makes it even dry-er.... I have a small nyc apt so I can blast the shower on HOTT and leave the bathroom door open which makes for a short term solution, Im thinking I need to cover 2 sides of my ZOOMED 18x18x36 screen cage and that might help keep the humidity in.

make sure you aren't feeding the hornworms tomato leaves or tomatoes--toxic to chameleons. Very nice panther.

-Zach

Very nice cham. zlew glad you mentioned the tomatoes. The towel works great if you don't have the live plants.

Back
Top Bottom