A watercolor painting

Orchidartist

This one isnt of a chameleon, but I would like to show it:D Its my latest painting, inspired from my recent trip to Costa Rica! I am calling it "Parrot Pura Vida" and it features Scarlet Macaws and Cattleya dowiana orchid. Many more CR paintings to come...for awhile!

22 x 30"

puravidasite1.jpg

puravidasite2.jpg

puravidasite3.jpg

Thanks for taking a look,
DJ

omg! thats good! i wish i had talent and inspiration like that! keep it up, amazing work :) haha

costa rica is an amazing place, hoping to move down there in a few years. love the painting, can't wait to see what else you have coming

Another lovely piece :D

Is the ratio of the bird to the orchid accurate? or Did you decide on the size of the flower for this piece?

Is the ratio of the bird to the orchid accurate? or Did you decide on the size of the flower for this piece?

hey, dont bash it! its amazing, and some orchids can be very large and some younger birds can be smaller.... i think its perfectly proportioned, especially being art, proportions dont have to be exact, being an artist myself, i think its perfect, i wouldnt change a thing about it... maybe ill post some of my work here some time? i have a beautiful green tree frog i painted for my grandma, its my favorite piece, also have a painting of a wood duck which i painted for my dad which is my second favorite piece

keep it up, youre an amazing artist *applause*

Thanks all! I appreciate your commnts!
I didnt really judge the size ratio well, in reality the flowers would be smaller. I am still happy with the results, though:)

hey, dont bash it! its amazing, and some orchids can be very large and some younger birds can be smaller.... i think its perfectly proportioned, especially being art, proportions dont have to be exact, being an artist myself, i think its perfect, i wouldnt change a thing about it... maybe ill post some of my work here some time? i have a beautiful green tree frog i painted for my grandma, its my favorite piece, also have a painting of a wood duck which i painted for my dad which is my second favorite piece

keep it up, youre an amazing artist *applause*

I wasnt 'bashing' it, i think its great! And have said so to a number of the artists work :D
I was just wondering if while on his travels he'd seen some orchids that really where that big because i would be really impressed!

Back
Top Bottom